(I had a full day yesterday, so I didn’t get this post out in time, but better late then never right?)
So did you hear the exciting news yet? JoyTunes officially announced that their app, Piano Maestro is now FREE for teachers and their students! Click here for the official announcement.
I’m so excited! My students have been using Piano Maestro over the last 6+ months and they love it. Half of them are doing it at home as well. I would love to see all them have access at home eventually. The thing that I love most about this exciting news is that it shows the world that despite the tech tools out there that can “teach” how to read notes, teachers are still important! JoyTunes knows that teachers are #1 and the app is a great supplemental tool.
If you haven’t had the chance to try Piano Maestro yet or don’t have an iPad. Now is the time to see what it’s all about. One of my favorite things to do with Piano Maestro is simply having my students play their scales with the app! Scales no longer get the groans they used to. It’s so much more fun with background music, getting 3 stars and sharing the moment!
Heads up! My September guest will be posting more about Piano Maestro so keep your eye out! Are you part of the JoyTunes Teachers group on Facebook? If not, be sure to join here.
Did you hear? I recently did a huge update to my iOS music app list on the blog. Go check it out!
If you see something that I missed that must be on there, let me know and I would be happy to add it.
I know many of you are brand new to TeacherPayTeachers so I thought I would give some tips and answer some questions you might have.
- It is free to sign up for a membership as a buyer or basic seller. If you think you would like to become a seller I would appreciate it if you use my referral link when you sign up: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup/referral:FPSResources
- To download free and paid products, you do need to sign up for a membership but the benefits of doing so, is you will get your downloads right away AND you will get free updates on the digital product you already purchased. Plus you can earn TpT credits! (more on that later…)
- When a file is updated your account will be notified. You do need to check your account for updates. Go to “My Purchases” and see if there are any updated downloads. These updates can be fixes on something or addition on a product.
- Sellers love feedback. If you downloaded an item, please take a moment to leave some feedback. This not only helps the sellers, but future buyers as well.
- Limit your feedback to only things about the product itself. If you have a technical issue (something won’t download, a typo, etc…), there is a link at the top of the sellers store that says “Ask a Question”. Click on that link and ask your question or let the seller know of the issue. I know I personally am anxious to remedy whatever the problem is. You can also contact me directly: email@example.com
- Sellers love followers. By being a follower you will be notified on any specials or sales that may happen with that store, etc. (Need 24 more followers before I post a fan freebie!) Follow me here.
- TpT products are copyrighted products created by teachers for teachers. Please remember to follow copyright guidelines when purchasing products. We are all here to support each other. Many times a seller will include a term of use with their product. When you see this, take the time to read through it.
- TpT has a free app. For iOS download here. For google download here.
- I saved the BEST for last! Earn TpT credits! “TpT credits are points which can be applied to future purchases to save you money. To earn credits: After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don’t have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you’ve had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you’re logged in to TpT. For every dollar you spend on TpT, you’ll earn 1 credit—and we’ll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases. To redeem credits: Once you’ve earned at least 20 credits, you’ll see the option to apply credits at checkout.”
There is a lot of products on TpT to explore! Enjoy!
This last weekend I was able to attend the TpT conference at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
I learned a lot and am excited to announce the GRAND OPENING of my TpT store! Right now my store is pretty new but I am planning on filling it up with lots of musical goodies. I have a new incentive program coming that I am super stoked about. And some downloads in my store will even be FREE! (Hint there are already some freebies over there!) To make sure you stay updated on what is new in the store, as well as special discounts and freebies be sure to become a follower.
Now don’t forget when you download anything in my store, please be kind and leave some feedback. This helps both of us when everyone takes just an extra 30 seconds to do that.
To follow me on TpT, just click on this link and then click follow me…
Now the exciting stuff!!! When I reach 150 followers I will be posting a FAN FREEBIE over on my Facebook page. Let’s see how quick we can make that happen. Make sure you are also a Facebook fan in addition to a TpT follower so you can grab that fan freebie. Click here to “like” FPSResources on Facebook. Follow me on TpT here. Now go spread the word!
I usually have a pretty long to do “wish list” in the summer. I say wish list because not everything on my list gets done, but it is what I hope to get done. One of those things on my list has been to transfer worksheets that Eik Siang Mar has created over the years on her website FunandLearnMusic.com for teachers to use (for free may I add) to my iPad. She has been so generous!
Imagine my pure delight when I found out that she created an iOS app for the iPad where ALL her worksheets- over 400 of them are available on an app! I can’t tell you how excited I am about this as it immediately crosses one of my “to do’s” off the list! The work is done for me and it is AWESOME!!!
SproutBeat has over 400 worksheets and games that you can use at the tip of your fingertips with your students with more added weekly. Need to review notes? There is a worksheet for it. How about key signatures, intervals, chords? You name it- chances are high that it is there. And I can bet if you are in need of something Eik Siang Mar would create it.
Everything is categorized by theory subject so you can easily find what you are looking for. Once the worksheet is downloaded, you can open it up later without internet connection.
Once the worksheet is downloaded. Students will pick their “writing” tool (pen, pencil or marker) and then choose a color they would like to use. Students can erase and change the color. It even allows you to print the worksheet if you want.
SproutBeat is free to download and allows you to download your first 25 worksheets for free. I thought this was a generous amount to give it a try and see how you like it. If you are using it, and are liking it, then you can upgrade and have all access for $19.99.
Check out the website for more information on this fantastic app. I highly recommend SproutBeat for teachers to use in the studio. The worksheets are colorful, fun and motivating. It is a definite must have in the studio!
I recently got a sneak peak of a practice app that will be coming out sometime in the next year called Practicia. Let me tell you, this is an app that you will want to check out. After I saw all that it did I said to my husband, if students used this app to it’s full capability, there is no way they would not be able to progress quickly. It is THAT awesome!
Be sure to visit the website Practicia.com to get an idea of what it is all about and like their Facebook page to stay up to date.
Right now Practicia is looking for more teachers willing and able to beta test for the upcoming iOS app. If you have an iPhone, iPod or iPad, don’t miss out on this terrific opportunity. Just go to their website to sign up. It is limited so don’t wait either. Eventually Practicia will be available in all formats, including Android. But right now the iOS platform is the priority. So what are you waiting for? Check it out!
Just wanted to give a quick update to yesterdays post! (Thanks Leia S.!) If you are on your iPhone, you will need to click on the specific post that you want to get notifications on, then click the triangle, and then your option. Now I’m not 100% sure if this will mean you will get notifications every time that person posts anything or if it is just for that post (hopefully the latter). Worth trying!